If you’re a business owner, we’re sure that you have a lot on your plate on a daily basis. From monitoring employees to meetings to ensuring that orders and shipments are all going smoothly, there is already plenty that you have to keep track of to ensure that your business is operating efficiently. However, if you’re not also concerned with protecting your business from theft, you could be leaving your business vulnerable to losing out on revenue and potentially putting your place of business in danger. If your business does not use a surveillance camera system, you may want to consider having one installed in order to protect your business from theft and other security risks. If you’re in need of a surveillance camera system in Los Angeles for your business, XYZ Security can help, and if you’d like to learn more about the ways in which you can protect your business from theft, keep reading.
Reducing The Risk Of Theft From Your Business
Reducing The Risk Of External Theft
Aside from having a security camera system installed in order to deter and hopefully eliminate the risk of theft from outside threats when it comes to your place of business, there are other security measures that you should be putting into place in order to protect your business from potential theft.
- Make sure your employees go out of their way to provide exceptional customer service – When your employees are attentive to the customers in the store and make it a point to greet everyone and ask if someone needs help often, it will ensure that your employees can keep an eye on customers and hopefully deter anyone with shoplifting motives.
- Keep thorough records of your inventory – It’s likely that you’re already aware of the inventory that you’re carrying in your store, however, regular inventory checks can ensure that if there is a discrepancy, you can investigate and hopefully get to the bottom of the problem.
- Be inconspicuous when making a bank deposit – You may think that no one would try to take the money bag that you carry into the bank for deposits, but you can never be too safe. Never carry your bank deposit in your hands, rather, put it in a bag when you leave your place of business so no one suspects that you have the money. Also, go to the bank at different times throughout the day, and try switching up the route that you take.
- Install a security alarm – On top of a security camera system, it is also a good idea to install a security alarm to arm when you leave at the end of the day. This will ensure that on top of the footage you could get from an attempted break-in, you will also ensure that the authorities will be alerted to the break-in. This will increase the likelihood of catching the burglar.
Reducing The Risk Of Internal Theft
A surveillance camera system is one of the best ways to reduce the risk of internal theft, since your employees will know that cameras will be watching their activity. However, there are other steps you can take to protect your business from internal theft.
- Check potential employee references – If you’re not sure whether or not you want to pay for background checks on potential employees, the next best practice is to thoroughly check the references that potential employees put on their resume. Checking at least three references should be sufficient to get an accurate depiction of the potential employee.
- Each employee should be responsible for different tasks – If you have employees who are responsible for placing orders, handling cash, or receiving orders, then you should ensure that an employee who is not responsible for those things is reconciling receipts for orders or checking cash drawers for beginning and ending balances.
- Consider purchasing bonding insurance – Bonding insurance is a protection offered to business owners that agrees to repay the losses from employee actions or theft.
These are just some of the security measures that you can take as a business owner to protect your business from theft. One of the best ways to ensure that your business is protected from theft is to have a surveillance camera system installed to be able to monitor the daily activities taking place at your business. For installation of a surveillance camera system in your Los Angeles business, contact XYZ security today.